- Tuition and Fees
- Online Application
- Submission Deadline for Online Application
- Acceptable Exams and Diplomas and Minimum Eligibility Scores and Grades
- Application Evaluation
- Upon Admission
- Required Documents for Registration
- Important Notes
- Bank Information
The criteria outlined below are determined by the Higher Education Council of Turkey.
Students who are at senior year at high school or who graduated from high school and who satisfy at least one of the below criteria may apply as international students.
- Students with foreign nationality,
- Students who were Turkish citizens by birth but ceased to be a citizen by the courtesy of the Ministry of Interior (applicant has to certify that he/she holds the official document regarding the use of rights granted by Turksih Citizenship Law),
- Students who were registered as minors on the document stating that the parent has ceased to be a Turkish citizen as explained above (applicant has to certify that he/she holds the official document regarding the use of rights granted by Turksih Citizenship Law),
- Foreign nationals who have taken Turkish citizenship / dual citizens within this context,
- Turkish citizens who began high school before 1 Feb 2013 abroad and who completed the last 3 years of high school education abroad (except in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus – TRNC),
- Turkish citizens who began high school after 1 Feb 2013 abroad and who completed the entire high school education abroad (except in TRNC),
- Turkish citizens who completed the entire high school education abroad (except in TRNC) in one of the Turkish schools recognized by the Ministry of Education,
- TRNC citizens who reside in TRNC and who completed their high school education in TRNC and who have taken the GCE AL exam,
- TRNC citizens who enrolled in high schools abroad (except in Turkey and in TRNC) between 2005-2010 and who have taken/will take the GCE AL exam.
Students who cannot apply as international students:
- Turkish citizens who have completed their entire high school education in Turkey or in TRNC,
- TRNC citizens (except cases explained above),
- Dual nationality applicants whose first nationality is Turkish by birth (except cases explained above),
- Applicants who hold dual nationality one of which is TRNC (except cases explained above),
- Turkish citizens or dual-nationality students whose first nationality is Turkish by birth who studied in foreign schools in Turkey or in schools within the context of embassies in Turkey.
Undergraduate Programs offered and English Preparatory Year admission
International students can apply directly to undergraduate programs offered at Koç University OR be admitted into our English Language Center (ELC) preparatory year.
Since English is the language of instruction at Koç University, it is essential that you demonstrate competence in the language:
- Students who submit a valid English Proficiency Exam Result will be exempted from English Language Center and will directly begin their undergraduate courses. Please note below the minimum scores required:
o TOEFL: IBT 80 WRT 20 / CBT 213 / PBT: 550 TWE: 4
o YDS: 87 (Yabancı Dil Sınavı – mostly for Turkish applicants)
- Students who don’t satisfy the minimum English proficiency required (as detailed above) but are deemed academically fit may be offered admission into our ELC 1 year program.
Please note: it is not sufficient to have proficiency in English. International students are also required to satisy the minimum acceptable scores or diploma grades in the exams or diplomas listed in Acceptable Exams and Diplomas and Minimum Eligibility Scores and Grades section.
For the 2017-2018 academic year, the tuition for the School of Medicine at Koç University is 87.600 TL, and for all other departments, including ELC (English Language Center), is 63.400 TL. This fee covers tuition and registration and also allows full use of the library, computer laboratories, and infirmary services.
Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students
Every academic year the committee that evaluates international undergraduate applications may offer a limited number of partial tuition scholarships (25%, 50% tuition fee waiver) to outstanding candidates based on academic merit. If you would like to be considered for an undergraduate scholarship please indicate this on your “Personal Essay”.
Arab students can apply for full scholarships at Koc University undergraduate programs through the Al Ghurair STEM Scholars Program. Visit www.alghurairfoundation.org for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org
While making online application, you will need to upload the documents below:
- Copy of the exam result or diploma grade: Please refer to Acceptable Exams and Diplomas and Minimum Eligibility Scores and Grades section for a complete list,
- Personal Essay: The written expression of your qualities as an applicant will often be a very important way for Faculty members to get to know why you are an acceptable candidate for their program,
- Two letters of recommendation,
- If available, the photocopy of the High School Diploma and its Turkish translation if the original diploma is not in English. Please refer to certifying copies of your original documents section for more information.
- Sealed and approved official transcript of the high school courses and grades,
- If taken before, a copy of the English language proficiency exam score (optional). Please see Proficiency in English section,
- For Law and Nursing program candidates, a copy of the Turkish language proficiency exam score. Please see Proficiency in Turkish section,
- Non-refundable application fee of 150 TL (Turkish Lira). Please attach the copy of the receipt to the application package as a proof of payment. Please see bank account information section for payment details.
Click here for Online Application.
Applications with missing documents will not be taken into consideration. It is the applicant’s responsibility to send the complete and accurate required documents on time.
- If you have missing documents, you can write a petition explaining the reason and summit it through the same system.
Online Application for 2017-2018 academic year must be submitted by no later than January 1, 2017.
Applications received from January 1, 2017 to July 1, 2017 will only be evaluated if there is any quota left in the respective department.
Only the exams and diplomas listed below will be acceptable. An applicant should satisy the minimum acceptable score and grade from the exam or diploma to complete the application. Exam scores later then 2 years at the time of application will not be accepted. There is no time limitation on diploma grades. It is not possible to apply by using any other exam or diploma type.
Students who cannot provide any of the exams listed above (for a valid reason – such as their country not being listed) may also be evaluated with their high school diploma grades and other credentials.
Quotas for 2017-2018 academic year:
|College of Science|
|Molecular Biology and Genetics (English)||15|
|College of Social Sciences and Humanities|
|Archaeology and History of Art (English)||4|
|English Language and Comparative Literature (English)||9|
|Media and Visual Arts (English)||21|
|College of Administrative Sciences and Economics|
|Business Administration (English)||60|
|International Relations (English)||47|
|College of Engineering|
|Computer Engineering (English)||30|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering (English)||34|
|Industrial Engineering (English)||36|
|Chemical and Biological Engineering (English)||20|
|Mechanical Engineering (English)||32|
|School of Medicine|
Applications are evaluated by a Special Committee. Interviews may be arranged with the candidate via e-mail or telephone if necessary.
As soon as you have made your decision about attending Koç University, you need to inform Registrar’s Directorate (email@example.com) of your intent . The students who are applying for programs have to pay 20% of term tuition (for Fall 2017, payment for the non-refundable deposit of 5.500 TL).
The tuition deposit fee can be paid online.
Candidates who are accepted as international students need to provide the following required documents to the Registrar’s Office for enrollment by the deadline noted on the 2016-2017 academic calendar;
- The official high school diploma or a recently taken graduation document (certificate of achievement is not taken into consideration). The students who have graduated from a high school abroad are requested to provide a High School Diploma Equivalency Certificate besides the official high school diploma. Please refer to certifying copies of your original documents section for more information.
- Original ID or passport (at the time of the registration, a copy will be taken and the ID or passport will be given back to student).
- 3 biometric photos (white background) with name and surname written on the back.
- Residence permit (if not taken yet, to be delivered by hand to the Registrar’s Office as soon as it is obtained.)
- Copy of your “Mavi Kart” (If avaliable). (it is applicable to students who have been Turkish citizens by birth but have ceased to be a Turkish citizen with the permission stated at the article no. 28 of Law no. 5901.)
- The receipt for first installation tuition payment (at the time of the registration, the students who want to benefit from the
reduction for the children of the employees of the Koc Group Companies are expected to provide an official document
stating that one of their parents works for Koc Group.)
Note: ERASMUS sudents who are nationals of the EU will be allowed to travel to Turkey with a tourist visa, while the rest of the foreign students will be required to obtain a student visa. Otherwise they will not be able to get a residence permit and will be asked to travel back to their home country.
- A photocopy of the first seven pages of the valid Residence Permit (obtained from the The Provincial Security Directorate Foreigners Division,Vatan Caddesi, Fatih, Istanbul),
- 2 passport size photos (4.5 x 6 cm) taken in the last 6 months, head and neck open, clearly identifying the person and three additional passport size photographs for the dormitory application,
- Chest x-ray from any health institute,
- The original score of the English language proficiency exam (if you submitted a copy during the application),
- For Law and Nursing programs (foreign candidates), the original score of the Turkish language proficiency exam (if you submitted a copy during the application),
- Financial assurance for education at Koç University,
- To complete the registration, students need to pay the tuition for the semester.
If you encounter problems on filling out the application form, please contact us.
|Phone numbers:||+90 212-338 16 08, +90 212-338 10 28|
|Fax:||+90 212-338 12 88|
Since English is the language of instruction at Koç University, it is essential that you demonstrate competence in the language. Students who submit a valid English Proficiency Exam Result will be exempted from English Language Center and will directly begin their undergraduate courses.
It is not sufficient to have proficiency in English it is also required to satisy the minimum acceptable score or diploma grade for one of those exams or diplomas listed in Acceptable Exams and Diplomas and Minimum Eligibility Scores and Grades.
Institutional TOEFL (ITP) exam score administered by the ELC
Students with TOEFL/TWE score of 550/4 or above will be promoted to their academic programs.
External Exam Scores
Students can be exempted from ELC provided that they present mininum following scores of the external exams given below.
TOEFL PBT: 550 TWE: 4
TOEFL IBT: 80 WRT:20
Further information is available on ELC’s web site at http://elc.ku.edu.tr/home
Students who have applied for Law or Nursing programs will directly begin Turkish education if they approve that -within the framework of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages- their score is C1 or above at TOMER or Yunus Emre Institute Turkish Proficiency Exam.
The required copies of school certificates and/or degrees should be certified by the issuing institution or notary public offices as genuine copies of the original. All the documents other than Turkish or English should be translated either of these languages by an accredited translation office and the copies should be submited. Please note that the required documents for registration without original statements or certified evidence of study results will not be taken into consideration. The diplomas and transcripts should be officially translated by an accredited translator and the translation should be attached to the original. On the day of enrollement, the student should provide the original of all the documents or its certified copies to the Registrar’s Office.
The application fee (150 TL) should be paid or transferred to the bank account below and the bank receipt should be presented along with the other documents. Money order, cashier’s check, cash money or any other payment types cannot be accepted. An application fee sent by such payment methods is not accepted and these applications are considered incomplete.
Bank name: Yapı ve Kredi Bankası A.Ş.
Bank Address: Rumelifeneri Yolu, Sarıyer -İstanbul 34450
Branch Name: Koç Üniversitesi
Account no: 428868
Swift code: YAPITRIS
IBAN No: TR63 0006 7010 0000 0000 428868
Please state: Reason of payment – Application Fee, Name, Surname and passport number
Students who wish to make the payment in USD, EUR or GBP may do so using the respective Koç University bank accounts.
Important Note on the Use of Agents or Educational Agencies
Koç University does not partner with third-party agents or educational agencies to administer any part of the application process. It is not necessary to engage an agent in order to have a strong chance of admission to Koç University. Admission decisions are not based on the recommendations of agents.
Koç University expects an application to be the work of the applicant and that all information on the application is complete, accurate and truthful. We may reject application materials, cancel an admissions offer or dismiss a student from attendance, if it is determined that application materials have been falsified.